Artist of the Month Jan 2017
One of the fine artists I have had the opportunity to work with is Bish Singh from Bish Photography. He is a talented photographer with patience and kindness in each photo he captures. If you are within the Twin Cities area, I recommend hiring him for events or shoots, if only to learn more about him and have quality imagery. I got the time to send some questions to Bish and he answered whole-heartedly with what he believes. Learn about your fellow artist by reading his responses below! I find the best stories are the ones closest to us :D 1. Who are you and what do you do?
"· Published Fine Art Portrait and Fashion Photographer at Bish Photography.
· Owner and jury member at Minnesota Model of the Week (MNMOTW). MNMOTW is a platform, which recognizes talented models in Minnesota, and gives them respect and recognition they deserve based on weekly theme-based contests.
· Co-owner & photographer at Arise Portfolios."
2. What’s your background?
"[I] have more than 10 years of experience in Portrait Photography with 4+ years in Fashion. I enjoy all forms of photography. Apart from Portraits, [I] love landscapes and Macro photography."
3. What role does the artist have in society?
"As an owner of MNMOTW, [I] help models and everyone involved in the MN fashion industry to get the respect and recognition they deserve. [I] provide a platform for everyone to grow and work with new models to build a portfolio to kick-start their career."
4. What work do you most enjoying doing?
"Love clicking faces. For me, portraiture is the most interesting form of photography as it involves living things, which communicate in form of expressions & emotions."
5. What’s your scariest experience that helped you grow?
"Failures and Haters reminded me that I am on the right track. [I've] learnt from mistakes of others as well as my own."
6. What memorable responses have you had to your work?
"Someone telling me that I am the reason which brings smile to their faces, through a priceless moment captured and cherished forever through my photography. New models coming back to me telling me I am the reason they got their first modeling assignment."
7. Name your favorite inspirational quote.
"Two actually: 'In a world full of trends, I want to remain a classic!'
'Be kind to everyone you meet, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.'"
8. Include further details below that you think are relevant.
"Respect & Trust are two things which I have worked hard on. I am sure money & fame will follow, if I have these two [traits]. It doesn’t matter if I succeed or not, people will remember me for what I had been to them."